Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer that occurs in the ovaries. The female reproductive system contains two ovaries, one on each side of the uterus. The size of the ovaries is about the size of an almond — produce eggs (ova) as well as the hormones estrogen and progesterone. Ovarian cancer treatment specialist in Hyderabad are skilled and well experienced to providing their best services to you.
Ovarian cancer may go undetected until it has spread within the pelvis and abdomen. At this late stage, ovarian cancer is more tough to treat. In the early-stage of ovarian cancer, the disease is confined only to the ovary and is more likely to be treated successfully.
Signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer may include:
- Abdominal bloating or inflammation
- Quickly feeling full when eating
- Weight loss
- Discomfort in the pelvis area
- Changes in bowel habits, such as constipation
- A frequent need to urinate
Types of ovarian cancer
The type of cell where the cancer arises determines the type of ovarian cancer you have. Ovarian cancer types include:
- Epithelial tumors, which begin in the thin layer of tissue that surrounds the outside of the ovaries. Almost 90 percent of ovarian cancers are epithelial tumors
- Stromal tumors, which begin in the ovarian tissue that consists of hormone-producing cells. These tumors are diagnosed at an earlier phase than other ovarian tumors. About 7 percent of ovarian tumors are stromal.
- Germ cell tumors, which occurs in the egg-producing cells. These rare ovarian cancers tend to occur in younger women
Operations to remove ovarian cancer include:
- Surgery to remove one ovary. At a very early stage of cancer that hasn't spread beyond one ovary, surgery may involve removing the affected ovary and its fallopian tube. This procedure may preserve your ability to have children.
- Surgery to remove both ovaries. If cancer is present in both the ovaries, but there are no signs of additional cancer, your surgeon may remove both ovaries and both fallopian tubes. This procedure leaves your uterus intact, so you may still be able to become pregnant using your own frozen embryos or eggs or with eggs from a donor.
- Surgery to remove both ovaries and the uterus. If your cancer is more extensive or if you are not willing to preserve your ability to have children, your surgeon will remove the ovaries, the fallopian tubes, the uterus, nearby lymph nodes and a fold of fatty abdominal tissue.
- Surgery for advanced cancer. If your cancer is more advanced, your doctor may recommend chemotherapy followed by surgery to remove as much of the cancer as possible.
Chemotherapy is a drug treatment that uses chemicals to kill fast-growing cells in the body, consisting of cancer cells. Chemotherapy drugs can be injected into a vein or taken by mouth. Sometimes the drugs are directly injected into the abdomen (intraperitoneal chemotherapy).
Chemotherapy is often used after surgery to kill any cancer cells that might remain. It is also used before surgery.
If you have a family history of ovarian cancer or breast cancer, talk to the best ovarian cancer doctor in Hyderabad about your risk of ovarian cancer. Your doctor may refer you to a genetic counselor to discuss testing for certain gene mutations that increase your risk of breast and ovarian cancers. Consult Breast Cancer doctors in Hyderabad today at your affordable costs and get the best treatment for Breast Cancer.
Colon Cancer Treatment Secialist in Hyderabad